Activities for Children | Lindeth Fell Country House Hotel
Lindeth Fell is not particularly child friendly when it comes to stimulating activities. There's no swimming on our tarn or raft building to exhaust them! If you do bring older children, no doubt they'll enjoy the views and the walks, but want a little more activity. So . . . .
1. Head for Grizedale Forest Park for route-marked walking and family cycling.
2. Visit the 'Beatirix Potter Attraction' in Bowness
3. Paddle a boat on the lake at Fell Foot park
4. Try the pitch and putt near the lake in Bowness
5. Visit the Aquarium of the Lakes at Lakeside
6. Take a boat cruise down to Ambleside from Bowness pier
7. Jump on a steam train at the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway
8. Kankku provides 4X4 off-road activities from Windermere
Better still, pop into one of the local Tourist Information Centres at Bowness [Glebe Road, next to the lake] or Windermere [Victoria Street, near to the Railway Station] where they'll have multiple suggestions for kids of all ages.